1.2 Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
1.3 Mission and Vision Statement
Mission Statement: Hope Women’s Centers exist to encourage and equip women and men to make informed decisions regarding unexpected pregnancies.
Vision Statement: As we share the love of God in word and deed, abortion will no longer be chosen in our community.
1.4 Core Values
· The Dignity of Women and Men
We believe that people are capable of making their own choices when given accurate information. We acknowledge that our role is to empower women and men to make informed decisions by providing accurate information about their options; not to judge our clients’ lifestyle, behavior, or decisions.
· The Sanctity of Human Life
We believe that all human life is of inestimable worth and significance in all its stages. We believe that there is a divine purpose and plan for every person that is conceived.
· The Right of Access to Information
We believe that everyone has the right to get all of the information they need to make an informed choice regarding pregnancy, including medical pregnancy verification and accurate medical information regarding abortion procedures and risks. We believe women and men deserve to be informed about the emotional trauma that many people experience following an abortion.
· The Right to A Safe Place
We believe that everyone facing an unplanned pregnancy has a right to examine their options in a safe place. They have a right to be informed that no one has the right to pressure them into making a decision they are uncomfortable with. They have a right to get accurate information from someone who does not profit financially from the decision they make.
· The Value of Sexual Purity, Marriage, and Family
We believe that sexual purity until marriage is the healthiest choice a person can make, that marriage is designed to be a permanent, lifelong relationship between a man and a woman, and that the family is the foundation of a healthy society.
· The Importance of Faith
We believe that God can forgive, cleanse, and transform people so that they can discover and follow His plan for their lives. In all we do, we seek to speak the truth in love and to demonstrate God’s love by our actions on all occasions.
Furthermore, we agree to abide by the following Code of Christian Conduct:
- We are conscious of the fact that everything we do, directly or indirectly, has the potential to reflect upon Hope Women’s Centers as a whole.
- We conduct ourselves at all times with openness, forthrightness, and honesty in dealing with people and organizations, both internally and externally.
- We hold ourselves to the highest possible standard of conduct, always striving to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
- All of our communications are truthful, honest, and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We operate in accordance with all applicable laws.
- We respect confidentiality and only disclose information as required by law or as otherwise authorized by the client/patient.
- We treat others with kindness, compassion and in a caring and courteous manner.
- We believe in the sanctity of life from the moment of conception to natural death.
- We oppose abortion, except to save the life of the mother.
- We oppose all forms of abortifacients.
- We give accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- We believe the Bible is the authoritative Word of God and provides guidance for our lives.
- We believe that the Bible clearly states that we are created by God with an assigned gender as a male or female, and that any attempt to change gender identity is outside of God’s will for our lives.
- We believe in chastity outside of marriage and fidelity within. We believe in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman as taught in the Bible. Therefore, all staff and volunteers commit to a lifestyle of sexual purity, and will refrain from engaging in any sexual relationships outside the bonds of Christian marriage.
- We live a lifestyle consistent with biblical values.
- All “conflict of interest” relationships will be avoided with Board members, staff, suppliers, those we serve, and other organizations with whom we deal, unless disclosed and approved.
- No one will accept gifts or favors which might influence the performance of their responsibilities.