Hope Restored Coordinator | Job Description
The Hope Restored Coordinator provides support, training, and vision for a county-wide ministry to post-abortive women and men.
This position is a non-exempt position and will be subject to an hourly wage. It can be full-time or part-time, according to a regular schedule established by the Executive Director.
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Supervises: Hope Restored Facilitators and Volunteers
- Be a committed Christian who has and demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position, to sexual purity, and to complete confidentiality.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, Our Core Values and all Policies and Procedures of the center.
- Be an active affiliate of a local church.
- Have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, preferably in a helping field, or related experience equivalent.
- Have one year of experience as a volunteer in some ministry capacity.
- Have two years of experience in a helping profession in a position requiring management experience or equivalent.
- Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication, public speaking and problem solving and be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Be able to provide spiritual leadership and support to the volunteers.
- Be able to develop and implement the mission and vision as goals are set by the Executive Director.
- Be an alumnus of an Abortion Recovery Ministry.
Major Responsibilities: General
- To make prayer an integral part of daily life, both in practice and by example.
- To follow policies and procedures to ensure consistent operations.
- To recruit, train, equip, oversee, and evaluate all Abortion Recovery leadership.
- To develop new leadership and identify where current leaders need growth.
- Be available to make presentations as needed about Post Abortion Syndrome, its reality, presence, symptoms, effect and potential healing. Develop oral and written communications,
i. e. blogs for the Friends of Hope website and post appropriate articles on a regular basis on social media (primarily on our Friends at Hope Facebook page).
- To meet regularly with the Director of Client Services to advise of program progress or any current problems.
- To attend monthly staff meetings.
- To submit monthly reports to the Director of Client Services for review, record keeping and reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- To promote and participate in all fundraising events.
- To assist with Volunteer Orientation Seminars, providing a personal testimony about the value of our Hope Restored Program.
- To assess and evaluate the volunteers’ performance.
- To be available to the volunteers for information, questions, and assistance with difficult cases.
- To be available for interpretation and implementation of the Policies and Procedures.
- To maintain personnel records for facilitators/volunteers.
The Hope Restored Coordinator will receive an annual written and oral evaluation from the Director of Client Services.
The role of the Hope Restored Coordinator furthers the mission of Hope Women’s Centers by encouraging and equipping women and men to make informed decisions regarding unplanned pregnancies, and by ensuring that the love of God is shown in word and deed as the mission is carried out by performing the duties outlined in this job description.
Please read Hope’s Statement of Faith prior to applying.
Hope’s Employment Policies
As stated in the Policies and Procedures Manual, Part I, Page 2, Hope Women’s Centers does not enter into employment contracts with its employee or volunteers. This Policies and Procedures Manual is not a contract, and it can be changed at any time. Hope Women’s Centers recognizes the right of its employees and volunteers to terminate their employment/volunteer relationship with Hope Women’s Centers at any time for any reason. Similarly, Hope Women’s Centers reserves the right to terminate its employment and/or volunteer relationship with any employee or volunteer at any time for any reason.
The above job descriptions are not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Hope Women’s Centers reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.