Center Director | Job Description
The Center Director has the responsibility for the day-to-day operations and delivery of client services in the pregnancy medical clinic. The Center Director works under the direction and oversight of the Director of Client Services. This includes the oversight and training and management of all staff and volunteer patient/client advocates and the implementation of the programs provided to meet client needs.
The Center Director will be under the supervision of the Director of Client Services. There will be a yearly written and oral evaluation as well as regular Directors meetings.
The Center Director supervises all Staff and Volunteer Patient/Client Advocates
- Be a committed Christian who has and demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, as defined in the Bible.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position, to sexual purity, and to complete confidentiality.
- Sign prior to hiring that you agree with and will uphold the Statement of Faith, the Statement on Marriage and Sexuality, the Statement on the Family, and our Statement of Principle and Core Values.
- Agree with and uphold the Policies and Procedures of the organization as outlined in the most current edition of the board-approved Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Be an active affiliate of a local Bible-believing church, and provide a pastor’s reference along with the employment application.
- Have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, preferably in a helping field, or related experience equivalent.
- Have one year of experience as a volunteer in some ministry capacity.
- Have two years of experience in a helping profession in a position requiring management experience or equivalent.
- Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication, public speaking, and problem solving and be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Be able to provide spiritual leadership and support to other staff and volunteers in the pregnancy medical clinic.
- Be able to develop and implement the mission and vision as goals are set by the board of directors.
- Employees are required to participate in and/or lead staff devotional times, prayer times, and Bible studies as requested.
- To make prayer an integral part of daily life, both in practice and by example.
- To understand that Hope Women’s Centers is a Christian organization, and that the employees and volunteers of Hope Women’s Centers act in a role similar to that of ministers, missionaries, and Bible teachers.
- To follow policies and procedures to ensure consistent operations in all centers.
- To review client files, peer counselor summaries, and offer suggestions and encouragement to the center staff and volunteers client advocates
- To oversee the record-keeping and effective follow-up of patients/clients.
- To oversee the scheduling of center staff and volunteer client advocates.
- To handle routine business calls and refer calls, as necessary.
- To maintain good communication with the Director of Client Services on issues relating to client or staff needs, progress, problems, goal setting, and implementation of all aspects of the pregnancy medical clinic.
- Prepare Florida Pregnancy Support Services Program Monthly Monitoring Reports and Wellness STI Records.
- To oversee staff and volunteer patient/client advocates as they provide services.
- To provide advocacy services for patients/clients when other staff or volunteers are not available or when their skills are inadequate to meet the needs.
- To work with the medical staff to ensure smooth transition between the client advocacy program and the delivery of medical services.
- To assist in conducting Volunteer Orientation Seminars, as requested by the Director of Client Services
- To oversee the in-house training of volunteer Client Advocates.
- To encourage the volunteers to earn the required credits in our Lifelong Learners Continuing Education Program.
- To work with the Director of Client Services to plan the quarterly volunteer in-service meetings.
- To assess and evaluate staff and volunteer client advocates’ performance and to complete an annual evaluation of all staff and volunteer client advocates.
- To be available to the staff and volunteer client advocates for information, questions, and assistance with difficult client cases.
The role of the Center Director furthers the mission of Hope Women’s Centers by encouraging and equipping women to make informed decisions regarding unexpected pregnancies, and by ensuring that the love of God is shown in word and deed as the mission is carried out by performing the duties outlined in this job description.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Hope Women’s Centers reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Please read Hope’s Statement of Faith prior to applying.
Hope’s Employment Policies
As stated in the Policies and Procedures Manual, Part I, Page 2, Hope Women’s Centers does not enter into employment contracts with its employee or volunteers. This Policies and Procedures Manual is not a contract, and it can be changed at any time. Hope Women’s Centers recognizes the right of its employees and volunteers to terminate their employment/volunteer relationship with Hope Women’s Centers at any time for any reason. Similarly, Hope Women’s Centers reserves the right to terminate its employment and/or volunteer relationship with any employee or volunteer at any time for any reason.
The above job descriptions are not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Hope Women’s Centers reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.